Spiritual healing is an important science that helps people to overcome problems that have their root cause in the spiritual realm. However unless the principles of this subtle science are understood and adhered to, spiritual healers can be negatively impacted by practicing spiritual healing. The most sustainable form of spiritual healing is enabling the person in trouble to begin and continue their spiritual practice.
1. What is Spiritual Healing?
Spiritual research done by Spiritual Science Research Foundation (SSRF) has shown that up to 80% of problems in our lives have their root in the spiritual dimension. Spiritual healing as defined by SSRF is overcoming the spiritual root causes of problems by spiritual means.
2. Difference between symptoms displayed and the root cause
It is important to differentiate the symptoms displayed by a person and the basic root cause. We can better understand this by an example.
Let’s say John throws a bucket of water on the floor in Jane’s room when she is not there. He then hides himself to watch Jane’s reaction on her return. When Jane enters the room she searches high and low for the cause but cannot find the reason for the water on the floor. She then goes on to wipe the floor. John lets out an evil chuckle under his breath at Jane’s plight and ignorance about the root cause.
This is a typical analogy of how a spiritual reason such as an attack by a ghost (John) can cause a problem in life such as a heart condition (i.e. the water on the floor). Due to the fact that we do not have the sixth sense vision to see or perceive the ghost, our search for the cause of, for example, the chest pain remains limited only to the physical or psychological dimension.
3. What does Spiritual Healing heal?
We can now appreciate that in cases of heart disease resulting from a spiritual root cause, medical or surgical treatment can only alleviate the consequent damage done by the spiritual root cause. Thus by treating the heart condition by surgery or medicine, medical sciences can at best bring about a symptomatic cure. The condition however reoccurs as the root cause, for example, the ghost, is not taken care of.
Spiritual healing is about diagnosis and removal of the spiritual root cause of the problem, that is, the ghost in the above example of heart disease. It could also be used for stopping a potential problem happening in the first place.
Though advanced spiritual healing remedies can also revert the physical damage done, in most cases it is advisable to use physical measures (treatment) to alleviate the physical damage (i.e. the water in our example above). This is because one would have to use a lot of spiritual energy to achieve what can be done with comparatively lower input at a physical level. This is considering that spiritual energy is invaluable and extremely difficult to acquire compared to any physical effort.
It is for this reason that the Spiritual Science Research Foundation (SSRF) emphasises that only the appropriate level of energy be used for treating a problem. So for example, if a person is having eczema due to a spiritual root cause, it needs to be treated at a physical level with medicines and the spiritual root cause needs to be alleviated by spiritual remedies.
4. Basic principles behind spiritual healing
a. Principle behind diagnosis
Diagnosis of a problem that has its root cause in the spiritual realm can only be done with one’s sixth sense (ESP). The accuracy of a diagnosis can vary considerably and is a function of 2 basic factors:
- The person’s sixth sense (ESP) ability and spiritual level versus the strength of the affecting entity or ghost (demon, devil, spirit, etc.)
- Destiny that decides the duration of sufferings
- Resolve of the guiding Saint of the spiritual healer
b. Principle behind any type of spiritual healing
The following is the principle behind any type of spiritual healing treatment practiced anywhere in the world.
Basically by applying spiritual healing remedies we try to:
- Decrease the subtle basic raja-tama components caused by the ghosts
- Increase the subtle basic sattva component
- Try to remove or at least decrease the layer of black energy created by ghosts which is inherently raja-tama.
- (Sattva (purity, Divinity), raja (action, passion) and tama (ignorance, inertia) are basic subtle components entire Creation is made of and which modern sciences have not yet ‘discovered’)
5. Generic types of spiritual healing methods
There are two generic methods of spiritual healing. These are the two choices that apply to all of us who have a problem that has its root cause in the spiritual realm.
- Spiritual remedies: This is where either someone else or the affected person himself performs a certain specific act to alleviate a certain problem at a spiritual level.
- Spiritual practice: When a person does spiritual practice that conforms to the five basic principles of spiritual practice he builds his own ability to protect himself against harmful elements in the spiritual dimension
The first method of healing mostly brings about symptomatic cure and sometimes cure of the spiritual root cause, while the second brings about cure of the root cause of a spiritual problem.
6. Modes of spiritual healing
The energy being channelised for healing is brought about through:
- Use of an inanimate object such as holy water or holy ash.
- Through a person
- Through a person (generally the person has to be above 50% spiritual level)
- Through a Saint i.e. a person above the 70% spiritual level.
- (Here spiritual level is defined on a scale from 0% to 100% where inanimate objects would be at 0% and a God Realised Soul, i.e. someone Who has merged with God Principle, would be at 100%)
Depending on the mode used, the mechanism of action, i.e. how energy is channelised, changes.
7. Importance of spiritual level of the healer in treating others
The spiritual level of spiritual healers is the all important aspect which defines:
- How they are able to treat others
- What healing methods they can use and
- The types of Universal energies they have access to